14 Jan 2016
South West Market Visit to the UAE
11th - 18th March 2016
Trade between UK and UAE
Over 5,000 UK companies are doing business in the UAE. The UAE is a key entry port for a £150 billion regional market with a significant percentage of UK exports to the UAE being re-exported, particularly to Iran and Saudi Arabia.
In 2012 UK exports to the UAE were £5,101 million. This increased by 13% in 2013 to £5,833 million.
Top UK exports to the UAE:
1. Power generating machinery and equipment
2. Road vehicles
3. Miscellaneous manufactures
4. Telecoms and sound recording and reproducing equipment
5. Professional and scientific instruments and apparatus
6. General industrial material
7. Electrical machinery and appliances
8. Medicines and pharmaceuticals
9. Non-metallic mineral manufactures
10. Essential oils and perfume materials
There are four parts to this opportunity:
1. 1:1 meeting with our research specialist to look at effective market research and how to get the information you need
2. Visit to the market including introductions and group sessions with key business support organisations and individual meetings with your own business contacts
3. A limited number of Market Visit Support Grants of £450 each are available on a first come first served basis
4. A pre visit briefing to ensure that you are completely ready to get the most from your visit
Our group will be led by Nick Field, an experienced International Trade Adviser with many years’ experience in the Gulf and will split its time between the trading hub of Dubai and the nation’s capital in Abu Dhabi.
Closing Date For Registrations: 11th January 2016
If you have any questions about the visit please contact the visit leader Nick Field
via: Nick.email@example.com or call: 07718 782 690
Other UKTI events may be taking place in the region during our visit and you will be invited to take part in any that are relevant and appropriate.
There is simply no substitute for a personal visit. If you are serious about doing business in this market you have to go there and meet the people and build contacts. Business in the Middle East is built on solid relationships.
UK Trade & Investment will offer you a chance to visit the market to get to understand it first hand, to meet the key players in your sector and to start forging those relationships. Visit includes:
• A dedicated market visit leader (ITA) who will be available to you throughout your visit
• A tailor made travel package to include your flights, hotel and transfers
• Export Marketing Research Scheme (EMRS) assistance in planning your fact-finding research trip.
• Assistance from UKTI in the UAE, and the British Centre for Business and a chance to meet other local partners.
A pre visit briefing at which we will ensure you are fully briefed about:
• The business culture in the UAE and language differences
• Documentation guidance so that you know what you need when the need arises
• Logistics guidance to help you with getting your goods to market
• Personal security whilst travelling and working abroad
• Review of the Bribery and Corruption act
Flights, accommodation and airport transfers will be organised for you via Corporate Traveller: Costs are based on economy flights, Bed and Breakfast hotel rates and transfers. Early booking of the main flights is recommended as prices will rise.
Hotel: Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, PO Box 46500, Dubai, UAE
Room rates: Standard room - Double with Breakfast at £118.38 per room, per night
Hotel Aloft Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, Abu Dhab
Double Room including Breakfast £120.48 per night
Heathrow Dubai - Total price including taxes £364.36, Non refundable, Date changes permitted for a fee.
Travel Agent contact is: Samantha Jenkins via Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
or call her on: +44 (0) 117 360 0003 - this number reaches a Corporate Traveller expert 24 hours a day.
Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS) - (optional) costs will vary depending on the amount of work you require.
Administration fee £212 + VAT - This fee enables us to organise the following: Pre visit briefing , transfers whilst in the market to group meetings and/or events e.g. networking or B2B events within the market and a visit brochure.